Sunday, September 14, 2008

My boys


I just can't let this rare moment of free time pass without gushing a bit over how much I love being a mother and of how wonderful my little boys are!

Ethan has grown up so much in the past few weeks I can hardly believe it. He is spouting off new words every day and keeps us laughing around here as he has his own little way of doing things. Some of our favorite Ethan-isms:

If he sees food that he wants he asks,"Eat it? Bite it?"
He likes to put the word 'big' in front of everything: "big book, big rock, big bite" and our personal favorite, "big gumkun biiiig" aka pumpkin. I guess he's trying to get ready for Halloween...
He loves to throw a ball (baseball or not) and yell "stieke" (aka: strike) ...he's quite the baseball fan!
Ethan loves having Quintan around and is very aware of how his little brother is. As soon as Quintan makes the slightest little noise Ethan automatically says, "cying, Tintan cying, sad". We explain to him that sometimes Quintan just makes noise that he's not always crying . Now he says "Tintan happing" (happy) or "seeping" (sleeping).
Ethan has recently learned about petting animals since we are in walking distance to a private petting zoo (aka: a farm with friendly goats, horses and chickens) and now he asks, "pet baby, pet him?" when he wants to rub Quintan's head. We're working to improve the terminology:) , but love that he's so interested in his little brother!

He is also learning how to count. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to get past the number 2. He just says, "one, two, nine, seven". I'm sure it will come around soon.

Quintan is just as sweet as can be! Today is his 4 week birthday and he's eating and growing like a weed! He's up to 9 lbs now and has thoroughly impressed the Dr. with his ability to gain weight. Our little Quin travels all over with us and sleeps like an angel aside from the rude awakenings of his immature digestive system. We're hoping his body works out the kinks asap.

I am so blessed with two wonderful sons and love being home to help and watch them grow!

4 comments:

Karena said...

They are both so cute, I love to hear about the ethan-isms. Time is sure flying, I find it hard to believe that you guys have been gone 4 weeks let alone that Quintan is that old. Have fun with them. We miss your family!

Kelsey said...

Your boys are so cute! I wish we could of seen you guys on Saturday when you were down, we're sad we missed you.

Jana said...

Did I ever say congratulations on your little one?? Well if not, congrats!! He is too precious. Just so you know, 2 gets easier and easier with each day :)

Anonymous said...

Your boys are adorable! And, I can't believe how crazy your move was...I couldn't have done that so quickly. I'm so glad you had help!